At First National Bank North Platte, we believe customer interactions are based on relationships, not transactions. First Checking confirms our commitment to you and the community. This is not a "one time offer," but a demonstration of our ongoing dedication to put customers first. No hidden fees. No surprises. No hoops to jump through. Just honest banking with no strings attached.
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum deposit to open or minimum balance requirement
- One Overdraft Forgiveness every 12 months1
- Free and non - withdrawals (other bank and ATM operators' surcharges may apply)
- Free bank logo checks
- Free Visa® Debit Card
- Free Online Banking, BillPay, and Account Alerts
- Free Mobile Banking - pay bills, deposit checks and transfer money
- 0.25% rate discount on Auto, Home Equity and Personal Loans
- $200 Mortgage closing cost credit - see a Mortgage Loan Officer for complete details
- Free statements - online or paper
- $25 Safe Deposit Box discount
- Free Debit Card Fraud Monitoring
- Free cashier's checks
- Free incoming wires
- Free stop payments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: You say this is a free checking account with no hidden fees - what's the catch?
A: There's no catch. First National Bank North Platte has a history of doing what's right for our customers. You told us you were concerned about fees and we listened.
- Q: I'm a business customer. Can I get the same benefits on my business checking account?
A: First Checking is currently a consumer product only, however, please check out our Small Business or Corporate Banking websites for a listing of our available products and services.
- Q: How does Overdraft Forgiveness work? Will the Overdraft or Return Item Fee automatically be reversed?
A: If you are eligible to receive an Overdraft Forgiveness at the time of your occurrence, the fee will be automatically waived. Overdraft Forgiveness will waive one Overdraft or Return Item fee every 12 months from the date of your last automatic refund. For example, if an Overdraft or Return Item fee is automatically waived on January 1st of this year, your next eligibility date would be January 1st of the following year.
- Q: How quickly will you forgive the Overdraft or Return Item fee?
A: We will be able to confirm and issue the forgiveness the same business day - automatically.
- Q: Will I be charged an Overdraft Item fee if my account is overdrawn?
A: Our Overdraft Item Fee is $33 per item (max 4 per day). We will not charge this fee if 1) your balance is overdrawn by $20 or less or 2) the transaction overdrawing your account is $20 or less. Our Return Item Fee is $33 per item (max 4 per day). We will not charge this fee if the amount of the transaction being returned is $20 or less. Learn about our Overdraft Protection and Overdraft Service options.
While we do not encourage overdrafts, we understand that unanticipated expenses or unforeseen problems can leave you with not enough money in your checking account. Our goal is to assist you in avoiding unexpected Overdraft or Return Item fees as well as the inconvenience of having transactions declined or returned unpaid. Visit our Overdraft Options page to learn about the types of Overdraft coverage we offer and how you can avoid fees and best manage your account.
If you maintain a combined average daily balance of $15,000 in your First Checking, Savings, Money Market, CD and IRA accounts, you may want to consider Premier Checking.
Receive all the benefits of First Checking, plus:
- Earn interest on your account
- Premium rates on Savings, Money Market, CD and IRA accounts
- $400 Mortgage closing cost credit - see a Mortgage Loan Officer for details
1The payment of transactions into overdraft is discretionary and we reserve the right to not pay. Generally, we do not pay overdrafts if you are not making regular deposits, or you have excessive overdrafts, or based on your account history and how you maintain your account. We may change your overdraft privileges due to poor account management. Our Overdraft Item Fee is $33 per item (max 4 per day). We will not charge you this fee if your balance is overdrawn by $20 or less, or the transaction overdrawing the account is $20 or less. Our Return Item Fee is $33 per item (max 4 per day). We will not charge you this fee if the amount of the transaction being returned is $20 or less. We may pay overdrafts for checks and other transactions using your account number and for automatic bill payments (ACH and recurring debit transactions), and if you give us permission, we may authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions and everyday non-recurring debit transactions (individual debit card purchases such as grocery store or one-time online purchases). Our expectation is your bring your account to a positive balance immediately (including payment of all bank fees and charges).